Table of Contents
If you feel that your fries are not yet crispy, it could be because you made a mistake in the manufacturing process. Actually, the type of potato also plays a role in making french fries. The most ideal potato for french fries is white flour.
Usually, you can find imported potatoes. However, in Indonesia you may often find yellow potatoes. You can still make french fries even if you use regular potatoes.
You can cook french fries in two ways to make them crispy. First by boiling and second by soaking it in cold water and frying it twice.
Pay attention when frying, if the oil still has a lot of bubbles, it means the potatoes are still frying the starch. Wait until the potatoes float and the bubbles start to disappear.
Let’s take a look at the recipe and how to make crispy french fries:
- 2 large potatoes
- Salt to taste
- Enough water
- Cooking oil
How to make:
- Wash the potatoes, can be peeled or not. Then cut into thin strips and then cut lengthwise.
- Bring the water to a boil, and add enough salt to stabilize the temperature. After boiling, boil the potatoes briefly. Remove and place on a tray. Cool then put in the freezer.
- Heat the oil with a temperature of 170 degrees Celsius. Remove the potatoes from the freezer and dry them with paper towels before frying.
- Add the potatoes when the oil is hot.
- Fry until the potatoes float and are golden. Lift and drain. Sprinkle a little salt and stir until well combined.
Serve with chili sauce or your favorite toppings